We’re able to make pension transfers to New Zealand without any penalties or UK exit taxes.
We follow strict procedures to minimise the risk of clients incurring UK penalty taxes. Britannia promotes a QROPS called the Britannia Retirement Scheme. This means that transfers to the Scheme will not attract any UK penalty or exit taxes.
Highly experienced personnel who have completed over 20,000 transfers since 1996
Britannia was founded with the aim of offering professional pension transfer services to migrants and New Zealand nationals returning from overseas, and has continually built its service offering since then. Its pension transfer services are mainly used by persons arriving from the UK, but it also assists settlers from other countries including those from the European Union. Britannia is a specialist pension transfer company and understands all the relevant legislation and regulations fully. It is not an agent of an insurance company. The company's services are used by a number of other financial service and professional services (solicitors and accountants) organisations to complete transfers on behalf of their clients.
Familiar with many UK pension schemes, having made transfers from around 500 UK schemes
Britannia knows the UK pensions market extremely well. This is how we can make your transfer so easy. We’ve been through the complex process many times to make your pension transfer process easier. Click here for a list of companies we have dealt with.
Well-established network of specialists and Authorised Financial Advisers to help you ensure your decisions meet your financial needs
We offer a nationwide service via personal visits or step-by-step guidance via toll-free telephone calls. Britannia has representatives in:
- Auckland - servicing clients in Whangarei, Hamilton and Tauranga
- Whanganui - servicing clients in Bay of Plenty, Palmerston North, New Plymouth, Central North Island and Hawkes Bay
- Christchurch - servicing clients in Timaru, Blenheim, Nelson and the West Coast
- Dunedin - servicing clients in Oamaru, Gore, Invercargill and Central Otago.
A range of service propositions which meet the needs of all types of people
Since our formation, we have continually improved our service to meet the changing needs of customers. Currently we offer three services:
- Electronic - designed for those who have a sound understanding about UK pensions, the pros and cons of transferring their pension and which investment choice(s) meet their needs. Also, for those who only want information to be supplied electronically.
- Standard - designed for those who need access to easy to understand information which would enable them to make a more informed decision as to whether to transfer their pension.
- Premium - designed for those wanting personalised financial advice to help them decide whether or not it is in their best interests to transfer their pension and, if so, what investment fund(s) within the Britannia Retirement Scheme would meet their needs.
As part of the process, an Authorised Financial Adviser will outline the options and fees, so you can select which service is suitable for you. Disclosure statements for these advisers are available on request and free of charge.
We employ our own in-house transfer staff so you always deal directly with the person who can help
Britannia’s head office is based on Auckland’s North Shore. Via toll-free telephone calls you can contact the person who is handling your case to discuss any details you need.
Our service continues after the transfer with information to help you ensure your decisions remain appropriate for your ongoing financial needs
After your transfer(s) we will send you important information designed to update you on your investments and to help you decide whether your situation has changed such that you need to re-consider your options and contact Britannia.
For a free, no obligation, pension transfer assessment to find out if your pension can be transferred and what it's worth, complete the online form or call us on 0800 28 28 33 FREE
Britannia Financial Services Ltd.
Unit 4, 106 Bush Road, Albany, Auckland 0632
PO Box 302369 Albany, Auckland 0751, New Zealand
Phone:+ 64 9 414 4215 + 64 9 414 4215
Fax:+ 64 9 414 4219
Toll Free:0800 28 28 33